Morson Projects were appointed by BAE Systems to support them with the Structural Design & Analysis, Systems Engineering & Integration and Software Development for the CFD model of a VIP aircraft.
Our expert team worked closely with BAE Systems to meet their requirements of:
- The retro-fit of inerting system on VIP aircraft
- Minimisation of time-to-inert
- Maintenance of inert ullage under emergency descent condition
- Minimisation of flight test programme
- CFD modelling
Project execution included:
- Perfect mixing model used for initial sizing
- CFD using CAD geometry for accurate O2 conc. prediction
- CFD meshes using up to 15 million cells
- Output – Number and position of inert gas nozzles & optimisation of gas flow from each nozzle.
- Accuracy of Fuel Burn Modelling and Inert Gas insertion reduced Flight tests and helped achieve Certification.
Delivering the project requirements to an agreed Statement of Work (SOW), the Morson Projects team carried out services to include:
- Structural Design & Analysis
- Systems Engineering & Integration
- Software Development