Morson Projects were appointed by Chubb Fire & Security to provide the detailed design of an integrated security system for substation sites at Barking, Drax and Kirkstall.
A DID (Design Intent Document) was provided by the client to outline the proposed design of the integrated security system.
Each substation benefited from a new integrated security management system comprising:
- Upgraded 4m high pulse electrified fence system attached to the palisade fence. The system was linked to the access control system for control of HV/LV mode based on site occupancy.
- New Perimeter Intruder Detection System
- PID JB and Camera JB enclosures were provided with all mains power and fibre optic terminations and distribution as well as the battery standby facilities to maintain system operation during the standby generator start up period.
- Surveillance CCTV camera System
The CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) system comprised the following:-
- High resolution fixed day/night colour/monochrome cameras
- High resolution PTZ (pan, tilt and zoom) day/night colour/monochrome cameras
- Solid state IR (infra-red) illuminators
- Local digital recording system
- Fibre optic data/video transceivers
- IP routers
- Remote digital recording system at the ARC
- White light LED luminaries for perimeter lighting
- SEAP Class 4 approved StarWatch Management system
- Access Control to site and key areas
- Automatic shunting of intrusion detection alarms by validated card access to protected area and double knock sensor arrangements at selected locations to avoid nuisance alarms to the Warwick ARC system.
Morson Projects were also responsible for the design verification of a detailed design for Dinorwig Substation (the design being undertaken by a third party).
Delivering the project requirements to an agreed Statement of Work (SOW), the Morson Projects team carried out services to include:
- Data Communications Networking & CCTV