Saica Containerboard UK Limited built a new paper mill at Carrington. The paper mill site includes a CHP plant which was connected into the Electricity North West (ENWL) 132Kv network at Carrington GSP substation. UUESC where employed by Saica to design and build 132Kv metered circuit breaker compound out the edge of the paper mill site and install 2.2km of 132Kv single core cable plus pilots back to the GSP site. At Carrington GSP the new cable is red into the ENWL Carrington BSP no.1 shell chemicals circuit via a space way on the double cable box associated with breaker 605.
Morson Projects were required to provide a detailed design interface of the following equipment:
- 1x Areva 071 dead tank circuit breaker
- 2x acrastyle disconnectors with integral earth switches.
- 1x high accuracy melting unit
- 2 sets of 3 phase cable sealing ends
- 1x bay marshalling cabinet
The components also contain two separate control buildings GNF for ENWL and Saica. The new control building contains the following equipment:
- 1x control/marshalling cabinet
- 1x line protection panel
- 1x interridding panel
- 1x wall mounted alarms panel
- 1x ENW telecontrol
- 1x battery and charger
- 1x 48vol battery