Morson Projects’ Marine team delivers a wide range of services to Marine clients around the world. Located in Scotland, our Marine team draws on many years of experience in both Defence and Commercial ship design.
How we can help
Our defence work supports prime contractors for the MOD. We currently have teams working on the Dreadnaught submarine program, as well as Type 26 new-build and the Type 45 re-powering program. Morson Projects are members of the steering group for the Naval Design Partnering Team.
Our Marine team maintains close working links with specialist companies in areas such as hull-flow CFD analysis, and special service craft design such as dredgers and fishing boats.
The team is headed up by David Gray C.Eng MRINA who leads the division with over 29 years professional experience. David trained at Lloyds Register and has worked for businesses such as at Babcock, BAE Systems, and Rolls Royce during his career.
Our teams’ commercial design experience includes services such as:
- Concept, preliminary and final design for
- passenger vessels,
- vehicle ferries,
- Under 24m craft (RIBS, Workboats, etc),
- Large Yachts,
- a variety of ships & other special purpose vessels
- Hull form fairing and development
- Powering and Propulsion optimisation studies.
- Structural design and analysis to class or ISO standards
- Stability analysis and production of class approved stability books for
- offshore vessels
- passenger ships
- Under 24m craft
- Wave Energy and other Renewable Energy Devices.
- Crane Barges
- Liaison with Class and government bodies (MCA, USCG, Transport Canada)
- Designing class approved modifications for existing vessels
Find out more
If you are interested in finding out more about our Marine & Naval Architecture capability, please get in touch with David by calling 0161 7071516 or sending him an e-mail here.